Friday, April 18, 2014

Hub City Farmer's Market

I love going to the farmer's markets on Saturday mornings. In Lafayette, there are two places I frequent: Hub City Farmer's Market and the Horse Farm. I'm posting this today just in case you might want to go check them out tomorrow!!

Hub City Farmer's market is in the Oil Center across the street from Champagne's grocery store and Koi. Click the link to go straight to their website.







Here are some of the farms that have their produce and meat at the Hub City farmer's market:


Gotreaux farms has fresh chicken, eggs, and produce every week on sale. Their eggs are THE BEST EGGS that I've ever eaten in my life. The yolks are dark and rich with nutrients. When I cracked the shell on these eggs for the first time, I immediately recalled cooking with my grandmother when I was very little. You really had to hit the shell hard in order for it to crack. The shell is thick, not flimsy and thin like those tacky ones at Walmart. Eww.

All their chickens are free range, organic, and never given hormones or antibiotics. Their meats are nutrient dense and SO healthy. They sell whole chickens as well as packaged breasts, legs, etc. They also sell stock bones and feet to make bone broth!


All of their produce is gorgeous too! We've gotten kale, broccoli, lettuce, and many other veggies here. Delicious!!

Hannah with her little BFF Brielle enjoying the farmers market!

FRESH from the farm to the table.






Brookshire farms is where I get all my beef. Their cattle feed on grass exclusively using a process called rotational grazing, which keeps the ground from becoming overgrazed or undergrazed. In other words, they move the cattle to allow them to feed where there's the most grass available. I have made AMAZING fajitas, stew, and roast using their meat. And the price you pay is worth it's weight in gold when you consider the QUALITY you're getting.



Market Basket
This farm grows organic heirloom vegetables, eggs, and juices wheat grass shots!





Hill Crest Creamery is where I get all my cream for my coffee. This mama don't like black coffee and I surely don't put "creamer" in my coffee anymore after doing my research and reading the label and seeing what is in the ingredients!! 
So this place is my hookup for weekly FRESH cream!






Next time I'll tell you about the horse farm on Johnston Street!
Happy shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment